9-20-2016 Arab lawmaker Aymen Odeh wants to save the Israeli left, but not join it – Andrew Tobin JTA

..http://www.jta.org/2016/09/20/default/arab-lawmaker-aymen-odeh-wants-to-save-the-israeli-left-but-not-join-it

Andrew Tobin interviews Joint List leader MK Aymen Odeh. "Our situation is very complex. It's not only equality that we seek. I want the end of the occupation and the establishment of a Palestinian state alongside the State of Israel. I want equality for the Arab citizens of Israel. I want social justice for all people. I want full equality between men and women and sexual orientations. I want to protect the environment. I am a citizen, but I'm also a Palestinian, and first and foremost I'm a human being. In the government, and in the right wing in general, they don't recognize me as either..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-17-2014 This is not yet an intifada, Palestinians say - Philip Weiss Mondoweiss

10-22-21015 Israel’s descent into unmasked, right wing extremism: A new generation rises to fight occupation, settler-colonialism, apartheid - Omar Barghouti Salon

2-6-2014 On the Ugly Side of the Wall - Bill Fletcher, Jr. Tavis Smiley Show