8-26-2014 The Day The Top NY Times Columnist Threatened to “Get Me” For Criticizing Israel | MJ Rosenberg On Everything

Full article: http://mjrosenberg.net/2014/08/25/the-day-the-top-ny-times-columnist-threatened-to-get-me-for-criticizing-israel/

The sensational piece about AIPAC in this week's New Yorker (by my friend Connie Bruck) reminds me of the first time I saw the true face of AIPAC in all its ugliness. It's a horror story.

It was in 1988 and I was a foreign policy aide to Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI). One February day, Levin called me into his office to say that he was disturbed at a quote he saw in that day's New York Times. An article quoted Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir saying that he rejected the idea of withdrawing from any of the land Israel captured in the 1967 war:

Mr. Shamir said in a radio interview, "It is clear that this expression of territory for peace is not accepted by me."
Submitted by Peggy Rafferty, posted by Sam Bryan, AIME members

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-17-2014 This is not yet an intifada, Palestinians say - Philip Weiss Mondoweiss

2-6-2014 On the Ugly Side of the Wall - Bill Fletcher, Jr. Tavis Smiley Show

10-22-21015 Israel’s descent into unmasked, right wing extremism: A new generation rises to fight occupation, settler-colonialism, apartheid - Omar Barghouti Salon