8-10-2014 Gaza and the Struggle for Palestine: Historical Background (Pt. 1, a) | Informed Comment | William Polk

Full article: http://www.juancole.com/2014/08/palestine-historical-background.html

Like many observers I am both sick at heart and emotionally drained from watching and reading about the horrible events in Gaza. Is there more to be said about them? Yes, I think there is if we hope to achieve a degree of security and peace. So, at the risk of duplication, allow me to show how the events of today were preordained and how patterns of action have been repeated year after year. Media reported day-by-day events are difficult to comprehend without some sense of how they were shaped so I have here laid out a historical guide. Some of it, or perhaps even most of it, may be familiar, but I have tried to “connect the dots” in a way that I do not believe has been satisfactorily done. Only if we understand the history can we hope to help solve this very complex, often shameful and sometimes dangerous problem. Following is “The Deep Past.” It is Part One of three parts. I ask your indulgence

Submitted by Judith Ferster, posted by Sam Bryan, AIME members

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-3-2013 'Room 514': Israeli Film Looks at Gender, Justice, Sexuality & the Occupation - Mira Sucharov Open Zion

10-10-2018 Letter [to the President] (TRIGGERING GLOBAL MAGNITSKY INVESTIGATION INTO KHASHOGGI DISAPPEARANCE) Menendez-Corker-Leahy-Graham: